Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Work, Home and a Little Bit of Play

It's been 3 months already, it doesn't feel like 3 months, it feels like 6 months and at the same time it feels like 3 weeks - work and home and a little bit of play.

Lately I have gotten really tired of people thinking that they can selfishly lean on me. A lot of "friends" have shown their true character in a way that has definitely pushed me away from them. For me it feels like I own them something, but it has really made me feel annoyed, things like buying stuff and posting it to someone, I can understand if I would go somewhere and then contact a person that I will be at a location that this person needs something from, but to say that "Hey, can you buy me this and that and then ship it to me?" is not going to work with me.

I am starting to understand that what I did with just randomly moving here has made some people look up to me in a way who maybe don't have that much courage in them to do something like this, but for someone who I am not even close with, to say that "I will collect some money and come over to live with you and you can help me out until we will rent a place together" is just absurd. There are maybe only a handful of people I really enjoy being around and can just be with them for a long period of time.

I like it on my own, I have lived life mostly on my own and I am fine this way. And I don't owe anyone anything, I have made my life and I am not, nor will I ever be sorry for being who I am.

People seem to think that here in LDN it's just parties and sex and drugs and alcohol - yes, when you come for a vacation. But when you move somewhere to start a new page in your life, still you have a routine, of work, home and a little bit of play.