Friday, July 16, 2010

Death

So today I had a bit of a scare. I have had this black spot on my toe for a while now, maybe about a week and so today I decided to google it since it has not gone away. Of course I should know better not to google things, because they do tend to give you the worst case scenario, but still even that in a way is good. Verdict - Acral lentiginous melanoma, saw the pictures, read the articles...freaked out a little. Went to the hospital...verdict - just some blood collected under the skin by me hitting my toe against something.

Made me think about death and dying, I do think of it quite often, not in a weird creepy suicidal way but I think what if I were to die, would I feel bad about not doing something in my life or no. Who would cry, etc. I come to the same conclusion every time. I would not have anything to regret, I have lived how I have lived and there is nothing I would of felt like I have not done.

So with this entry I would like to say that if at any point it does happen and I am meant to finish my journey on this earth. I would like you to know and maybe pass it on also to everyone who knew me that I had no regrets and no dissapointments in my life, I have lived and done all that I have wanted so far. And I would not want anyone to cry or be sad. And I would definitely like to be cremated, not sure where I would like my ashes to be spread yet, but for now it would be a place on the far side of Viimsi peninsula, Rohuneeme in Estonia, Tallinn, just where the big wooden swing is, just across the beach side.

This sounds like a testament I am leaving here behind, but you can never be too careful, today just made me think about all of this.

I will leave you with a quote from Desperate Housewives, a quote by the character of Edie Britt, after she had passed away in the series:

"As I looked down on the world, I began to let go of it. I let go of white picket fences, and cars in driveways, coffee cups and vacuum cleaners. I let go of all those things that seemed so ordinary, but when you put them together they make up a life, a life that really was one-of-a-kind. I'll tell you something, it's not hard to die when you know you have lived. And I did. Oh, how I lived!"